This gives you an overview of everything we offer at the Splendid Venice.
The Splendid Venice is located in the heart of the city between St. Mark's Square and the Rialto Bridge. Overlooking romantic bridges and old Venetian Palaces, the Splendid Venice can be reached by gondola and water taxi directly into its own dock. Innovative design and subtle colour combinations create unique interiors. The public areas are exquisitely decorated in beige with a hint of wisteria, punctuated with dashes of black and red. Large windows frame an evocative view of the Venetian ever awe-inspiring canal life.
In the Sixteenth Century, the building was an inn known as Locanda Cappello Nero. In 1900, it changed its name to Albergo Splendido and again in 1930 to Hotel Splendid. The hotel was fully renovated in 2007 and renamed the Splendid Venice hotel.
The hotel has 165 rooms (16 suites, 6 junior suites, 63 deluxe and 80 superior rooms) that are stylish and welcoming. Some rooms and suites have balconies with romantic views of the bell tower of St. Mark's and Venetian rooftops; others overlook the internal Campiello or the canals. All rooms are equipped with Starbeds (luxury goose down bed).
A Campiello is a typical Venetian outdoor courtyard and the focus of local social life. The Splendid Venice's Campiello has a glass roof for year round use and is connected to the lobby and all common areas in our charming hotel in Venice.
With direct access from the canal and from the Campiello, the bar has a refined, intimate atmosphere with luscious fabrics and black lacquered furniture. The canal views through large arched windows are stunning. Le Maschere restaurant is one of the few in the city to serve traditional Venetian cuisine. The wine list is superb and private dinners may be held in the Sala degli Specchi (the Room of Mirrors).
Beside Le Maschere you'll find the library and media room, a relaxing space with velvet-lined walls and plenty of fascinating books for you to peruse. You're welcome to use the computer and printer provided, whenever you wish. Our bar, with its stunning views, is the ideal place to unwind and relax.
La Fenice meeting room overlooks Venetian canals and can be hired for small, exclusive meetings for up to 40 people. On request, other prestigious and exclusive locations are available a few yards from the hotel.
The Splendid Venice can be found at S. Marco Mercerie, 760 - 30124, Venezia.
From the Station
- From the Santa Lucia Train Station (3 km) take a water bus line 2 towards the Rialto Bridge and alight Rialto stop. The hotel is just a few minutes' walk.
From the Highway
- From the A4 Venezia/Milano highway (8 km), exit at Venezia, go toward Venezia to Piazzale Roma where you can park your car. From Piazzale Roma (12 minutes) take a water bus line 2 toward Rialto to the Rialto stop. The hotel is just a few minutes' walk.
From the Airport
- From the Marco Polo Airport (15 km), take a bus or shuttle to Venezia, to the Piazzale Roma stop.
- From Piazzale Roma -12 minutes- take a water bus line 2 toward Rialto to the Rialto Bridge stop.
- From the Marco Polo Airport, in connection with the main flights arrivals, a shuttle boat service called Alilaguna is available heading straight to San Marco square or the Rialto Bridge. Once there, our hotel near St. Mark's Venice is very close by. Walk across the San Marco square, take the main street called Mercerie, which begins under the Clock Tower, and walk for 150 metres. On the right side there is an alley; at the end on the right you will find the Starhotels Splendid Venice.
- Full American buffet breakfast
- Le Maschere restaurant
- Campiello lounge
- Lobby bar
- Media room
- Water taxi landing stage
- Pillowmania (choice of your favourite pillow)
- My Starbeauty toiletries
- Etro personal care toiletries in the junior suites and suites
- Safety deposit box in every room and at the reception
- Pay TV
- Wi-Fi internet service available throughout the whole hotel. Complimentary access in all public areas and Suites.
- Wii Fit Nintendo, on request
- Les Clefs d'Or concierge service
- 1 boardroom up to 40 seats
- Golf (45 minutes)